Re: [dwm] Xinerama stack behavior

From: Markus Messmer <markus.messmer_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 08:13:15 +0200

On 18:18 Thu 02 Oct , Gregory Fong wrote:
> Hi everyone,
Hi

> I just recently got a second monitor and am trying to set up dwm with
> Xinerama, so that the primary monitor has the master window and the
> secondary has the stack, as described here:
> http://www.unpluggable.com/?p=112
>
> It looks to me like a lot has changed since that was written, because
> when I launch dwm the master and stack remain on the primary window, and
> I haven't been able to find anything helpful in the mailing list
> archives. Does anyone know of any patches that exist to bring back the
> secondary window stack behavior?

Not sure wheter this helps you, but I had the same behavior when I was
setting up my dual head config. I'm using xrandr to extend my laptop`s
display with an external tft. All I had todo was to comment this line

XINERAMAFLAGS = -DXINERAMA

in config.mk; So maybe you're also using xrandr and not xinerama?