[dwm] Getting a List of Installed Applications in System

From: Amit Uttamchandani <atu13439_AT_csun.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:28:03 -0700

Hey guys,

I recently introduced my friend to DWM. He was using KDE before that.
He was very happy and surprised about the speed of DWM. Now, the
question he had was is there some sort of application menu that lists
all the installed apps? Like the kicker for KDE or its similar
GNOME/Fluxbox counterpart?

I did not have an answer for him...I did a search on aptitude but the
only thing I found was the debian 'menu' package but I am not sure how
to use that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Amit