Re: [dwm] SLiM login themes for dwm users

From: Amit Uttamchandani <atu13439_AT_csun.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:03:02 -0700

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 06:59:30 -0700
"Thayer Williams" <thayerw_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> > Sorry I am not too familiar with SLIM but how to you "link" it with
> > dwm's .xinitrc?
>
> No worries! SLiM operates independent of window manager--Arch Linux
> runs it either as a daemon service or the traditional /etc/inittab
> method. Upon successful login, SLiM parses the user's ~/.xinitrc and
> executes whatever commands are present, be that dwm, Xmonad, Openbox,
> etc. Hope this helps...and there's more detailed info at the SLiM
> website: http://slim.berlios.de/

Thanks for the reply!

I got slim to install. I was able to use the themes and have them
display properly using the artwiz fonts. However, I can't seem to login
with it. I get an error "Unable to parse login file" or somewhere along
those lines.

I have changed the following in /etc/slim.conf:

#login_cmd exec /bin/bash -login /etc/X11/Xsession %session
login_cmd exex /bin/bash -login ~/.xinitrc %session

#sessions startxfce4,openbox,ion3,icewm,wmaker,blackbox
sessions dwm

Am I doing something wrong here?

I am using debian lenny by the way.

Thanks,