Re: [dwm] Configurable app launcher for dwm...

From: Thayer Williams <thayerw_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:42:44 -0700

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Glyn Faulkner <glyn.faulkner_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> First of all, thank you for the excellent window manager - I've been
> using dwm for a couple of months now (my first foray into tiling WMs)
> and I'm definitely a convert.
>
> Anyway, I don't know if anyone can make use of the following, but this
> is a re-configurable application launcher (in the form of a three-line
> shell script) I wrote for dwm, which needs to be placed somewhere in
> your $PATH:
>
> Questions, comments and cheap abuse are always welcome. :)

I just want to mention that the xbindkeys utility does this already
and has the added benefit of working in any window manager. If you
find yourself bouncing between window managers, xbindkeys can make
your life much easier.

However, this looks neat for those who want all of their bindings
managed by dwm. Thanks for your contribution!