Re: [dwm] [DVTM] Mod-key just CTRL (not ^G)

From: Pieter Verberne <pieterverberne_AT_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 19:13:59 +0100

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:18:33PM +0100, Marc Andre Tanner wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 08:48:54PM +0100, Pieter Verberne wrote:
> > is it possilble to use just the mod-key CTRL in DVTM? ^G is pretty
> > annoying.
>
> Well you could change your key bindings in config.h to something like
> this:
>
> { 0, CTRL('c'), { create, { NULL } } },
>
> But this has two major disadvantages you may block things like CTRL-c
> which is normally used to kill processes and you have to make sure
> that you don't use other commonly used keys like enter. For example
> CTRL('j') expands to 'j' & 0x1F which is 10 and because this is the
> value of '\n' pressing enter will no longer have the desired effect.

Wel actually, I like to make the keybindings exactly like DWM. (I know
it will be problematic to use DVTM in DWM.)

So I don't want CTRL-C to create a new shell, I want ALT-Return to
create a new shell.

I'm not a coder, but I suppose this might need a bit of rewriting? So
this is really a feature request.

> > Pieter Verberne (offlist)
> Does the offlist mean you wan't to be CCed or what?
Hmmm, pretty handy indeed, now I can just relpy your CC to the list.