Re: [dwm] [dvtm]: fix for status bar

From: Claudio M. Alessi <smoppy_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 00:21:53 +0100

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:48:30PM +0100, Marc Andre Tanner wrote:
> Problem is that strlen is used to calculate character width, which
> doesn't work for utf8 therefore the statusbar content is not properly
> aligned.
I don't think i have the skills to fully solve the problem. I guess it
would be useful a code like the following into the drawbar() function
(replacing the strlen(3) call):

   l = mbstowcs(trash, stext, sizeof trash);

This works properly with the right alignment but not with the left one.

I'll RTFM and try to solve the problem, however if anyone is able to do
the work it would be faster (better?) than me.

Regards,
Claudio M. Alessi

--
JID: smoppy_AT_gmail.com