Re: [dwm] Re: urgent windows border

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 23:19:10 +0100

2008/12/4 Tinou <tinoucas_AT_gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:31 PM, yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Besides the border color, I think this patch is really useful when using
> the monocle layout. As clearing the urgent flag one could miss that not
> visible urgent window. Though it's only visible viewing another tag...

Not really. Maybe I didn't explain myself very well in my last mail,
but although you remove the border color from the patch I submitted
you will still be able to see it in the status bar. In fact, no code
needs to be added to current dwm to do this, since what it does is
invert the color. Leaving the flag set until the window is focused is
everything you need.
Of course, the inverted color in the tag label doesn't give you so
much information as your taskbar idea (which looks nice), but is
probably more than enough for the common use case.

--
- yiyus || JGL .