Re: [dwm] DWM 5.3.1 and Xinerama

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 10:24:18 +0100

2008/12/7 Donald Chai <donald.chai_AT_gmail.com>:

> BTW, restarting X is not necessary: the *whole purpose* of Xrandr is to
> avoid doing this. Just plug in your external display and run "xrandr
> --output VGA --auto" or whatever your external display is called. dwm is
> already set up to receive configure events, and will do The Right Thing.

I have a projector at home (best thing for movies since dolby and they
are cheaper every day) and this is basicly what I do. I just mirror
the screen in the laptop and the proyector and close the laptop,
actually that's one of the reasons I control everything in dwm with
the mouse. But you don't have to worry about xinerama or xandr, dwm
will adapt to the new situation because the root window will be
resized if resolution changes. If you want to do something fancier
than duplicating the screen that's another question.

--
- yiyus || JGL .