[dwm] No Border Behaviour

From: Matthias-Christian Ott <ott_AT_mirix.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 23:20:00 +0100

Hi,
I have been busy for a while, so I couldn't follow any discussions or
development efforts.

Yesterday I updated my dwm tree to tip and noticed that the borders were
removed (1376). This applies only to clients in tiled layout, is there
a reason why this behaviour is not present in monocle?

If no border indicates that there's just one client in the tag it makes
some sense, but I rather like borderless if there's only one client
visible. This seems more intuitive to me, because borders indicate a
separation which is only necessary when there is more than one client
visible.

So if multiple windows are visible, I suggest to draw the borders
Otherwise I think they can be omitted, because they have no
purpose. Floating windows require of a permanent border.

Could someone please clarify dwm's non-intuitive behaviour?

Regards,
Matthias-Christian