[dwm] dio-0.1.3

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 18:53:10 +0100

I have been experimenting with user interfaces concepts lately.
My first aim was a simple mp3 player. The code has been adapted later
to do other tasks, and now it is some sort of generic list manager,
where items can be played. It was initially based on dmenu-3.9 (that's
the reason it is announced here), though it has evolved to be much
more complicated (too much, actually).
Probably the next step will be a complete rewrite, which could use
libixp and the plan9port plumber, with several simplifications (and,
maybe, completely different).

I have set up a project page on google:
http://code.google.com/p/dynamic-io/ so, no more announcements will be
done on this list.
If you are curious, a screenshot featuring dwm and several dio
applications (terminal, calendar, rpn calculator, irc client, text
viewer, file browser and music player) is available at:
http://y-i-y-u-s.deviantart.com/art/dio-0-1-3-108171356

Don't expect the terminal to replace uxterm, it just wraps rc
stdin/out, but doesn't understand escape sequences. I'm using on a
daily basis the rpn calculator, the irc client, the file browser and
the music player: it fails from time to time, but is usable.

Any comments by private email or the google page will be welcomed.
Kind regards,

--
- yiyus || JGL .