Re: [dwm] how to float all gui programs

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:56:52 +0100

2009/1/9 Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>:
> On 1/9/09, bill lam <cbill.lam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 09 Jan 2009, markus schnalke wrote:
>>> Make floating the default and add rules for your terminal emulators.
>>
>> Thank markus, I patched dwm as per your suggestion and it now works
>
> use {0,0,0,0,True} as first rule in config.h, editing dwm.c is not
> necessary for this

But with current tip doing this won't let you to tag clients with
rules to a specific tags (because every client will be tagged to the
current tagset, though you can do an OR with them) as discussed in
http://lists.suckless.org/dwm/0812/7057.html , Anselm told in the same
thread he didn't worry too much about that corner case and, in fact,
nobody complained. It looks like things are different now.
If there is interest in both features maybe negative numbers could be
used in the rules definition and applyrules() for current visible or
no tags. Anyway, hardcoding in dwm.c what to do with new clients is
straightforward.

--
- yiyus || JGL .