[dwm] Re: nabble access

From: Marcin Cieslak <saper_AT_SYSTEM.PL>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:12:26 +0000 (UTC)

Carlos Pita wrote:
>> Why do you prefer nntp over E-Mail? I also can't see why thread alerts
>> are useful, nearly all E-Mail clients let you search within your
>
> What I prefer is to search big mailing lists archived as
> online forums, to lurk without previous subscription, etc. Of course,
> there would be no problem if it were for the dwm list alone. The fact
> is that I follow a considerable number of other mailing lists, and
> most of them are hosted by nabble, so nowadays I tend to centralise my
> mailing list usage there. gmane is mostly fine too, but they have no
> alerts to follow interesting threads and posting is a bit clumsy.

I am using gmane to lurk there and I am posting directly from NTTP client,
so I can understand the value of not receiving mailing lists via email ;-)
Life is simply different since gmane.org.

Nabble is good, and they are ranking high at google. I think we could add
this list at markmail.org, too.

The advantage of being easily searchable is that SNR tends to get better
once all past problems can be googled out.

--
              << Marcin Cieslak // saper_AT_system.pl >>