Re: [dwm] .xinitrc error?

From: <miles_AT_milesgroman.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 00:13:00 +0000

Use xsetroot instead of stdin. There is an example on my site (http://milesgroman.com/articles/on/configuring-dwm).

------Original Message------
From: Christoph Siegenthaler
To: dwm_AT_lists.suckless.org
ReplyTo: dwm mail list
Subject: [dwm] .xinitrc error?
Sent: Mar 4, 2009 19:05

Hi list

I haven't changed my dwm config.h since 4.9 and was using it happily for months. I finally decided to try out 5.4.1 and I'm almost done.
The only problem is that I can't get the status bar to display what's piped into dwm. It was working before and displayed a lot of fancy stuff.
I stripped it down to the bare minimum now but it still displays dwm-5.4.1 instead of what I want it to:

$ cat .xinitrc
#!/bin/sh
#######
# DWM #
#######
timeout=0.2
while true
    do
        echo "Test"
        sleep $timeout
    done | dwm | eval `cat ~/.fehbg`

What do I miss here? I'm sure it's something obvious (far somebody else but me)...

Best regards, Chris

Sent from my BlackBerry