Re: [dwm] Suckess Code Management

From: Ali Gholami Rudi <aliqrudi_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 22:16:50 +0330

Hi pancake,

pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:
> i was using elvis so far until i started using vim. I was pretty happy with
> it, but the feeling was that it was keeping so much stuff in the core
> instead of delegating to external programs or scripts.
>
> But thats true, elvis is smaller than vim :) you can publish a git/bzr/hg
> branch of the last commit with your patches. I will happy try it and we
> can probably use it as a playground.

I'm afraid currently I'm away and won't have access to good internet
connection for a few weeks. If someone else volunteers to make a public
repo, it would be really cool; otherwise I'll probably do that on
repo.or.cz when I'm back.

The doc/bugs.txt file in 2.2_1 shows a list of features and bugs. I'm
not sure which of them is implemented/fixed, already. I've got simple
patches to support vim style global/local mark support and to make put
command accept a count. But, I use only the termcap gui and it might
break others (though unlikely).

Somehow off-topic: tcc compiles elvis in almost one second which is
*really* cool.

Regards,
Ali