Re: [dwm] Suckess Code Management

From: Jimmy Tang <jtang_AT_tchpc.tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:31:34 +0000

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 02:59:03PM +0900, Alan Busby wrote:
> I am astounded by how many respondents regularly use file managers!
>
> Yeah, I'm starting to feel like I'm missing something here...
> Do file managers have some killer feature that the shells
> (bash/tcsh/zsh/etc) don't?
>
> For all the mutt users,
> I imagine most are doing (fetchmail -> procmail -> mutt) right?

yeap mutt, procmail and fetchmail for collecting my mail into one place.
also for spam i use either CRM114 (experimenting with bayesian filters)
or osbf-lua which is just amazing for spamfiltering.

> I'll also give a big thumbs up to bitlbee and rtorrent which I just ran
> across recently.

rtorrent with a good config so you can get it to load up .torrent files
from a directory is indeed handy.

--
Sent from my Nokia mobile phone