Re: [dwm] Gvim size problem

From: Preben Randhol <randhol_AT_pvv.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:12:19 +0200

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:09:41 +0000
miles_AT_milesgroman.com wrote:

> You can try setting the resizehints boolean value to false in your
> config.h

On my Asus I use false otherwise the apps don't fill the whole screen
and that looks not so nice I think. But whether I use false or true it
doesn't matter, the result is the same.

I also now tested with the dwm that comes with Ubuntu (it is not to my
knowledge patched and at least not with bstack), and I see the same
there. I have included a screenshot sample. I modified it in Gimp to
just cut out a section of the image (and to truncate the image in
height from 900px) to save bandwidth. You see the grey area at the
bottom. Actually it looks like gtk is expanding to match the window
sice, but that the editing widget is not getting the right size.
perhaps this is coded in GDK... Strange though that jumping between
tags or opening a new app solves the problem. Seems like the app
doesn't catch the right size hints the first time. I think it must be a
dwm or gtk issue. It does not seem to be a patch issue. The workarounds
work fine, but it is a bit strange that I haven't seen this with other
gtk apps.

Best wishes

Preben

gvim-dwm-issue.png