Re: [SOLVED] [dwm] Gvim size problem

From: Preben Randhol <randhol_AT_pvv.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:54:45 +0200 (CEST)

> Similar experience in the past but seem fixed now. I guess it should
> be a gvim problem. You may test by comparing with other gtk based
> text editors such as geany or gedit.
>
> It should be `lines' not set correctly. try
> :set lines?
>
> for gvim, lines depends on both gfn and window height.

I see. "set lines" report 34 when Gvim is opened and when it is refreshed
(by using one of the workarounds mentioned here) "set lines" report 37.

So I search around in the vim help files and found out in the end that the
'guiheadroom' is set to 50 by default. This is subtracted from window
height.

But by adding:

set ghr=0

to .gvimrc, gvim will use the whole height and the problem goes away!

So not a dwm problem after all... Hope it works for others too.
I use vim 7.2.79

HTH

Preben