Re: [dwm] Font recomendation to get unicode in statusbar?

From: Haomin Wen <wen1987_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:47:27 +0800

I manage to use wenquanyi bitmap song to display Chinese characters on
the dwm bar in Arch linux, but there is always something wrong on
Ubuntu. Now I give up. I begin to use Xft.

You can use Xft. There are several patches which enable Xft.

The attached patch uses pango to render text. You can apply the patch
and change your font to something like sans-10. Then pango and
fontconfig will select proper fonts for you.

I found this patch on this mailing list, but I do not remember who write it.