[dwm] dual-head and floats on all tags (and one feature request)

From: David E. Thiel <lx_AT_redundancy.redundancy.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:32:55 -0701

Hello,

I'm using hg tip with the push and gaplessgrid patches, with two
monitors (laptop and LCD). When I put a window on the screen which
handles floats, then change focus to a tiled window on the main screen
somewhere, then switch to another tag and back again, the last window
that had focus on that tag is focused.

However, if I send the floating window to all tags, the floating window
takes focus on every tag change, no matter what window was focused last.
I can't see what's making this happen, but it doesn't seem like the
right behavior.

The feature request that I thought might be useful is a function to
jump to urgent windows. For example, if you have Pidgin on a tag with 9
windows or so on it and you see it turn urgent when on another tag, a
keybinding to jump straight to the tag and window which needs attention
would be handy, rather than switching to the tag and then manually
flipping through the client list. Thoughts?

Thanks,
David