Re: [dwm] dwm's future

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:54:08 -0500

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Matthias-Christian Ott <ott_AT_mirix.org> wrote:
> Could you please briefly explain why you are opposed to XRandR. It seems
> pretty common and usable.

Not only that, xinerama is going to be entirely supplanted by xrandr.
Developing for xinerama is a dead end.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Valentin <a_AT_0au.de> wrote:
> Except some of us don't have a choice and have to use this for their
> work or at uni...

Perfect candidate for a different window manager, or at least a
different window manager in a nested X display.

"$subject is broken, therefore we must bloat up dwm to work around it"
is bad reasoning, even if $subject is "x11 font rendering" or "some
expensive app my school is forcing on me"

# Kurt H Maier