Re: [dwm] HELP! I don't understand config.h or how dwm works!

From: Thayer Williams <thayerw_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 18:34:37 -0700

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Benjamin Conner <tommydabomby_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, I'm new to the mailing lists.  The subject says it all.  I don't know
> how to setup DWM.  I want some autostart programs, some keyboard shortcuts,
> and some basic stuff so I can use it. (and once I can use it, to use it well
> :P)  Can anyone give me some basic help to using DWM?

I think most of your questions have been answered, but I'll just offer
a couple more suggestions for getting started:

suckless.org -- first place to start, there's a lot of good info here
xbindkeys -- great utility for general purpose keyboard shortcuts
xfontsel -- a utility to get the proper syntax needed for choosing
different fonts (I highly recommend the terminus and dina fonts)
xinitrc -- perfect for loading dwm and any other apps you wanted
started automatically

Google those terms and you'll be up and running in no time.

Cheers