Re: [dwm] musca wm

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 19:28:21 +0200

2009/5/15 Leandro Chescotta <LCHESCOTTA_AT_banelco.com.ar>:
> 2009/5/15 yy < yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com >:
>> There is a suckless alternative to GNU: Plan9.
>
> I don't know that, there are apps under Plan9 like GNU? Why make it suckless comparative to GNU?

In the sense that GNU aims to be a similar to UNIX operating system,
but not UNIX, it is almost the same thing than Plan9. But now I was
talking about glibc and the GNU tools, you could read
http://harmful.cat-v.org/cat-v/ to get the idea, or some info pages.

>> every initiative to remove GNU from the world has my vote. I have also listened good things about http://www.tinycorelinux.com, but have not tried the real thing myself.
>
> Why you don't like GNU? I only ask because I don't know, I only want to know what's wrong with it, I only use it, and thinked it was great, I mean, I love open source software, but I really don't know the license thing

I cannot understand GNU software. ls or cat source in GNU is scary,
glibc is even worse. The old UNIX utilities or Plan9 ones have a
simplicity which GNU lacks. I don't have anything against the GPL
license, but I prefer less restrictive licenses. And, of course, I
don't like rms.

--
- yiyus || JGL .