Re: [dwm] musca wm

From: Preben Randhol <randhol_AT_pvv.org>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 23:07:42 +0200

On Fri, 15 May 2009 17:06:45 +0200
pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:

> Actually i'm happy with arch linux, but, i really miss a non-gnu
> linux and minimalistic distribution. We should get a look on
> alternatives for glibc (google one? uclibc? ..) but maybe the biggest
> rock we will face it will be the X server...this is probably one of
> the interesting projects to work on, but without keeping the X
> compatibility.

Any reason why you need a non-gnu distro? I don't see how that would
make things suckless. I would wish for a perl-free world, but it would
probably not happen any time soon.

Anyway, it is easy to say that something is bloat, but when you cannot
dictate the development of hardware, don't expect things not to be
complicated.

I find rewriting existing software to make it smaller is seldomly a
productive way. Invent something different and novel in stead.

--
Preben Randhol
http://wee-free-lore.blogspot.com/