Re: [hackers] [quark] Rectify error-handling || FRIGN

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 16:54:40 +0200

> > Why do you use a phisical tab instead of \t?
>
> It's the ml-parser, who converts \t to real tabs. The real code has \t
> of course ;).

Uhmmm, very stupid question ^^!!!, sorry for the noise.

> > And one no related question, are you going to add support for inetd?
>
> It's currently not planned. Could you give an example where quark and
> inetd could work well together?

Embedded devices with low memory. Instead of having all the servers running
(and almost of the time doing nothing), you can have only inetd that will
launch the server when it is needed.

I usually use inetd in my systems but for another reason, I can manage
them better (when you do a ps you see less noise), and I have all the
features of tcpd for free. I know that a lot of servers use tcpd
without be launched by inetd, but they are linked against the
library of tcpd and calls directly the code of tcpd. I think this
last way is not very Unix alike when you can use tcpd in any program
only using inetd.

Regards,

--
Roberto E. Vargas Caballero