Re: [hackers] [quark] Rectify error-handling || FRIGN

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 18:17:09 +0200

> A simple inetd implementation would be nice to have. It means that
> you can just code a daemon without any networking related code and
> just let inetd hook up stdin/stdout/stderr to the sockets.

Yeah, it is the same here. The idea of having the network code
only in one place, and can give network capabilities to any
program, for example you can implement echo (udp/7 and tcp/7)
with the mighty cat command.

Of course there are cases where it is not a good idea, for
example with high number of clients or sshd duw to the keys
calculation (this is problem of sshd itself, because in plan9
you don't have this problem).

An example of how simple can be a full set of inet applications
using inetd is inetdxtra [1]. You can see how inetd reduces
the complexity a lot.

But this is our opinion, and I can understand that FRIGN has
another opinion and maybe inetd is not good for his goals.

--
Roberto E. Vargas Caballero
[1] http://inetdxtra.sourceforge.net/