Re: [hackers] [st] [patch] use goto in xloadfonts

From: Michael Reed <m.reed_AT_mykolab.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 01:32:45 -0400

Hi Markus,

> You just made the programmflow harder to grasp and removed the possibility
> to differentiate between the errors in the future. Also the patch adds 4
> SLoC without achieving anything.

I agree it's harder to grasp, but only slightly, and I think the decrease in
redundancy is worth it (although that's evidently subjective).

I don't agree with the comment on error handling; it's not clear to me
when/if this function will be refactored, but I don't know if gotos have
complicated refactoring st in the past, so maybe you're right.

- Michael