Re: [hackers] dwm-6.0-current_desktop.diff

From: Martti Kühne <mysatyre_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 21:31:55 +0200

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 8:00 PM, R0B R0D <witchdoctor.mdf_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, this is my first patch, I was helping someone on IRC and got it to work.

First of all welcome and thanks for making me puke over my web mail
interface. A quick google revealed to me that the discussion about
HTML email had been had in 2009, with a conclusion diverging from your
input.

> # wmctrl -d
> Cannot get number of desktops properties. (_NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS or
> _WIN_WORKSPACE_COUNT)

dwm tags != workspaces.
Please attach some information about how this is compatible with both
dwm's concepts and EWMH, in that it won't go up in flames for the
obvious case where several workspaces are displayed at the same time.
I could google that, but I just googled 6 years back already.

As another aside, please read up on how to make contributions to the
suckless wiki and how to apply changes and patches for particular
projects.

cheers!
mar77i