Re: [hackers] od: added options -b and -d; bug fix affecting size C

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 03:28:34 -0400

On 10/02/2015 03:11 AM, FRIGN wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 03:07:00 -0400
> Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu> wrote:
>
> Hey Greg,
>
>> Trying again.
>
> keep in mind that these flags are XSI-extensions, which we generally
> don't include in sbase.
> Let's discuss this on IRC, given the code-changes are not that drastic.
>
> Cheers
>
> FRIGN

I am not inclined to join in the IRC because of the large time difference. It
is 3:30 AM here and I am awake only because I have insomnia and I'll be back in
bed soon. How about discussing it in dev_AT_suckless.org? Or you can discuss it
without me on IRC, in which case let me know the result of your discussion.

If you'll forgive my ignorance, I am learning about od by reading the man page
from section 1posix. How do I learn about which features are XSI extensions?
Thanks.

--
"No data yet," he answered.  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before you
have all the evidence.  It biases the judgement."