Re: [hackers] [dvtm] Command keys in status bar patch

From: Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 22:12:28 +0200

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 01:38:14PM -0400, Ross Mohn wrote:
> The attached patch is to display command keypresses in the status bar
> while a multiple keypress command is being entered. Almost all commands
> in dvtm begin with MOD, so require multiple keypresses. Command keys are
> displayed as they are pressed, and appear between the layout symbol and
> the status text. The keys are cleared from the status bar after the
> final key of a command is pressed, or if the key combination is not
> bound to a command. For example, if your MOD is set to ^G and you are
> toggling the view of tag 4, it first displays '^g' after you press MOD,
> then '^gV' after you press 'V', and then is cleared after you complete
> the command by pressing '4'. Please review.

Thanks, I will try it out and see whether I like it. Otherwise we could
also add it to the patches section.

I would place curly braces around the while block. Also maybe drawbar
should reposition the cursor in the selected window (yes the (re)drawing
code is a bit of a mess).

--
 Marc André Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0