Re: [hackers] [quark] Use sizeof() instead of magic constants || FRIGN

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 09:52:54 +0200

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 09:48:34 +0200
Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Anselm,

> Haha, you now open up another bad thing imho. I tried to avoid
> _t-suffix crap in all my code so far.

you don't have to and I also don't like the _t suffix, but it's now
part of the standard.
My point here is that if a "new" type is introduced to the C system, it
usually will get a _t suffix by the comittee. As for non-standard
types introduced by the programmer, my point is not to use typedefs at
all and use the structure identifiers, including struct, enum, union
and so on.
Using typedefs destroys this beautiful hierarchy.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>