Re: [hackers] Desktop icons in dwm

From: David Kennedy <dave-kennedy_AT_outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 16:24:21 +0000

Haha, you people are funny. dwm is a beautiful potato!

> from outlook dot com

>> ??

Yeah, Outlook is terrible. Especially the web interface. But it works okay
with mutt.

> One thing I miss with dwm is shortcut icons on my desktop.

>> ???

On every other system, I use my desktop as a sort of work area. I put stuff
there that I need to do something with later, like notes and shortcuts to
articles that I want to read. I see them every time I reboot or hide all the
windows. It works really well for me, but not in dwm.

> I started reading up on xcb, which I guess has replaced xlib

>> ????

Please let me know if this is incorrect. I got this information from the X
wiki here: https://www.x.org/wiki/Documentation/