[hackers] Pending sbase patches

From: Michael Forney <mforney_AT_mforney.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:06:55 -0700

Hi,

I have quite a few patches for sbase pending.

# IO

libutil: Add writeall utility function
http://lists.suckless.org/hackers/1701/14068.html

Don't use buffered IO (fread) when not appropriate
http://lists.suckless.org/hackers/1701/14069.html

concat: Use plain read/write instead of buffered stdio
http://lists.suckless.org/hackers/1701/14070.html

cp: Only call chmod with -p or -a
http://lists.suckless.org/hackers/1701/14071.html

tail: Use fstat in case file is removed
http://lists.suckless.org/hackers/1701/14072.html

tail: Process bytes with -c option, and add -m option for runes
http://lists.suckless.org/hackers/1701/14073.html

# Misc

Remove st != NULL checks from recursor functions
http://lists.suckless.org/hackers/1612/13871.html

du: Don't print 0 entry if stat of named file fails
http://lists.suckless.org/hackers/1612/13872.html

mkdir: Fail on EEXIST with no -p flag
http://lists.suckless.org/hackers/1612/13873.html

mkdir -p: Fail if argument exists, but is not a directory
http://lists.suckless.org/hackers/1612/13874.html

mkdir: Fix created directory permissions
http://lists.suckless.org/hackers/1612/13875.html

All of these patches are applied in the sbase branch I use for oasis
for the last 6 months, and I have not observed any problems with them.