Re: [hackers] [lsw][patch] Better handling of window title with non-ascii chars

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 10:12:26 +0100

Hi

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 10:47 PM, Julien Steinhauser <jul_AT_ldd.fr> wrote:
> I've seen window title with non-ascii chars incorrectly displayed,
> using Xutf8TextPropertyToTextList instead of XmbTextPropertyToTextList
> as in the diff below fixed it.

We do not seem to be using locale.h and its setlocale function here so
using the UTF8 variant of that call is what we have to use to make it
work if people are using UTF8-encoded properties. As long as we are
happy with just supporting UTF8 this is the right function to call so
this patch looks good to me.

Cheers,

Silvan