Re: [hackers] [sbase] Add .gitignore || Michael Forney

From: Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 10:55:37 +0200

> > yuck
>
> Remarks like this aren't constructive, please keep them to yourself.

Come on, don't be butthurted.

> I already justified why adding .gitignore and rule to regenerate it is
> useful. I'm sorry that you don't approve, but not having a .gitignore
> was a significant annoyance to me and was making it difficult to do my
> job as maintainer.

No, you argued your point, that's different, and it did not answer my
point about it being just a bloat for some lazy convenience; I'm
talking about the redundancy of having both the actual file tracked
in the SCM and a script to generate it instead of manually editing it.

> When I asked you about your workflow to try to understand your
> opposition to .gitignore, you ignored my question and *at the same
> time* accused me of ignoring your question, which I had answered
> multiple times at that point.

This is not about *me* (or my workflow), nor is it about *you* (or your
workflow), but that's what you did nevertheless.

> I'm tired of arguing with you, so please, just find a way to deal with it.

Nice collaborating with you.