Re: [hackers] [surf][patch] make surf view local HTML files instead of downloading them

From: Leonardo Taccari <iamleot_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2019 00:12:18 +0200

Hello Oleg,

Oleg Kostyuchenko writes:
> [...]
> One possible drawback in this patch is that I'm making a guess based only on URI scheme (file://) and the extension (.htm/.html). It would be more correct to determine the actual MIME type of the file to open, but I barely know webkit2 api. I tried calling webkit_uri_response_get_mime_type on local HTML but it returns "application/x-zerosize" not "text/html".
> [...]

Which webkit-gtk version was used?

Can you please also share the problematic HTML file to reproduce this
issue?

(I recall seeing that problem with webkit-gtk browsers in the past
(several months ago) but I've not seen anything similar in the past
months with surf browsing local HTML files.)

Thank you!