Re: [hackers] Polybar status support

From: Abdullah <abdullah_AT_abdullah.today>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 15:26:26 +0500
I can use bash for that. But don't you think it will use more resources? Previously I had been using such scripts for polybar modules and they were using much resources. I recently moved to polybar internal module for pulse audio and is way better than bash scripts. And polybar works only if I do 'override redirect=true' so that's why I was asking to modify dwm.c . Without that polybar is launched as a window and occupies whole monitor if nothing else is opened in the tag. Plus the module/script won't work like we won't be able to do left click on tags thus joining them in one.

On 03-Oct-2019 3:00 PM, Teodoro Santoni <asbrasbra_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Polybar isn't working with dwm. Can someone write a patch to make it work
> with
> dwm? I'm not good at C. I have made it work with ewmh patch but still I
> can't
> click on tags in polybar. They are just there. I think we have to reserver
> some
> space in dwm.c for polybar to make it work.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Abdullah
>
> https://abdullah.today

If you're good at any language you could provide a module to polybar
that would use ewmh for reading and dwmc or dwmfifo patches or xdotool
or wmctrl to switch tags.