Re: [hackers] Re: [hackers][new tool][gcrypt]

From: Daniel Moch <daniel_AT_danielmoch.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 09:41:32 -0500

> On Feb 20, 2020, at 7:38 AM, Գասպար Վարդանյան <gaspar.vardanyan.mailbox_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think the only way to crack gcrypted file is the BruteForce method.

I would expect to see a lot of work go in—including vetting by cryptography experts—before I’m personally ready to trust this assertion. Either that or it should implement a well-known algorithm. I’m new to this community, but I don’t think suckless should be in the business of inventing new cryptography schemes, although there might be plenty of work we could do in clean, minimal implementations of existing, well-vetted algorithms.

--
Daniel Moch
https://djmo.ch