Re: [hackers] [dwm][patch] Make EWMH windows float

From: Jakub Leszczak <gmaxardis_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 11:28:51 +0200

Hi,

> It's been only 4 days since the last reply.

Sorry. Maybe I am just to eager for reply, I thought you might have
forgotten about this thread.

> Does removing the updatewindowtype() call cause any regressions?

Do you mean removing updatewindowtype() call from propertynotify()?
In theory it would be a regression cause client could not update its
window type via propertynotify. In practice though I personally don't
see why such thing would be needed, and I don't know any case where
some application would need that.

> I think the patch direction looks good.

In the meantime I sent two different patches going in two different
directions. So do you mean the last one where I extracted
setfullscreen() from updatewindowtype() and moved updatewindowtype()
before applyrules() or the one where I integrate wmtype into
applyrules()?

> Side-note: for archiving purposes it would be a bit nicer to inline the diffs in the mail.

Sure. Will remember for future.

Br,
Jakub Leszczak