Re: [hackers] [dmenu] New release with IME support backed out?

From: Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo_AT_codemadness.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 19:01:10 +0200

On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 04:49:49PM +0100, Chris Down wrote:
> Hey folks,

Hi,

> Unlike a lot of the rest of our software, generally dmenu works pretty well
> even as a distribution-provided binary package, since usually users only
> want to change colours, fonts, and other stuff that can be set on the
> command line.

Probably true.

> For that reason, it seems maybe sensible to release a 4.10 (or 5.0), since
> the revert in db6093f6ec1b is pretty desirable to avoid focus loss on
> restore. If it was in dwm, st, or similar, I wouldn't care much, since
> everyone more or less has a custom config.h for those anyway and thus
> probably already maintains their own tree, but dmenu is generally somewhat
> distinct in that respect.
>
> Hiltjo, any objections?

I have no objections (your Honour) and released dmenu 5.0.

> Thanks,
>
> Chris

I'd also like to say there is now a separate Atom feed added per repository to
stagit and to git.suckless.org to make tracking only releases easier for
maintainers which prefer to do so using an RSS/Atom reader. This file is called
tags.xml, for example:

https://git.suckless.org/dmenu/tags.xml

Thanks,

--