Re: [hackers] [st] Fix cursor move with wide glyphs || Quentin Rameau

From: Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 15:13:18 +0100

> Hi,

Hola k0ga,

> > st would always move back 1 column,
> > even with wide glyhps (using more than a single column).
> >
> > The glyph rune is set on its first column,
> > and the other ones are to 0,
> > so loop until we detect the start of the previous glyph.
>
> Should this be done in every cursor addressing command?
> What happens if we position the cursor in the middle of a glyph?

That's a preliminary patch to encourage improving the matter,
I suspect there might be some unhandled side-effects in some
perticular cases, when using arbitrary cursor movement
for example, though it's unclear if those should be handled
separately or not.

Would you have a suggestion about how to handle cursor absolute
position with text position, maybe we need some addition state?