Re: [wiki] Monocypher rocks!

From: Tom Schwindl <schwindl_AT_posteo.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 18:40:01 +0000

On Tue Sep 13, 2022 at 11:07 AM CEST, Laslo Hunhold wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 20:59:01 +0000
> "Tom Schwindl" <schwindl_AT_posteo.de> wrote:
>
> Dear Tom,
>
> > Of course you'd have to handle all the nasty details such as writing
> > your own `_start' and initializing all sort of things. Not a fun
> > thing to do.
>
> isn't "_start" not necessary for a library?

Indeed! Thanks for the correction, it seems like I've forgotten that we talked
about libraries.

> Manually stripping out libc makes little sense though, in my opinion,
> given you heavily depend on the entire toolchain anyway for all the
> other aspects of creating a library, especially for shared libraries.

I totally agree.

To answer Luiz last mail:

Everything seems fine (and actually is) because none of those two headers
declare a function. So there is no need to link anything.
It might be a bit petty to call this a dependency on libc, but, in my opinion,
it certainly is.

--
Best Regards,
Tom Schwindl