Re: [wmii] Weird segfault bug in latest wmii darcs

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:13:34 +0100

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 06:42:12PM +0000, Adam Gleave wrote:
> This email's a bit scant on information, I should email some more in a
> few minutes. I'll try chasing down the bug tommorrow... if it's not
> already fixed, that is.
>
> wmiiwm segfaults when you do the following.
>
> Start X and wmii.
> alt+t
> Shift+alt+c
> Ctrl+alt+y
> alt+t
> Shift+alt+c
> Ctrl+alt+y
> alt+a
> Shift+alt+c
> alt+a
>
> Now, I think it's a bug just to be able to attach non-detatched frames
> but I've been behind on wmii-current lately so it could be a feature
> addition I missed :/.
>
> It seems that variations on the above also cause the bug, but I don't
> think I have an exact method for the others.

Thanks for the hint, latest darcs is not ready yet to be called
stable. Wait next snap. I still improved col layout which
basically works already, but somewhat limited, everything is
still somewhat rough, but I make good progress.

Not to mention that it is a better idea atm, to stay in sync
with hg, which is more recent mostly and more stable.

Regards,