Re: [wmii] How to create empty columns of certain size?

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 17:11:35 +0000

On 4/9/06, Tianran Chen <chentia1_AT_msu.edu> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I just switched from ion3 a week ago, so sorry if this question is silly:
> How can I create empty column of given size? Thanks.

Hi Tianran,

The answer is simple: you can't.
wmii doesn't allow empty columns (or empty views, or empty frames),
since this doesn't fit in the dynamical WM approach (see
http://wmii.de/index.php/WMII/DynamicWM for more information). Ion's
approach is much more static, so this might take some getting used to
for an ion user (I've used ion too for some time, so I know where
you're coming from). After getting used to it, the dynamic approach
seems to make much more sense however (to me at least :-)

Greetings, Sander.