Re: [wmii] Dynamicness, Window Sizes (again, sorry) and Xinerama.

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:14:09 +0200

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 04:04:38PM +0200, Konstantin Kletschke wrote:
> Am 2006-04-11 15:57 +0200 schrieb Anselm R. Garbe:
>
> > > sometimes before starting, which complicates things a bit...
> >
> > Hmm, any screenshots which show me this?
>
> Well, it is not a Bug. The addirional Dialog is a firefox feature and
> intended to appear. But sometimes I am in such a hurry I send this to a
> empty view instead of the main window, because I am still getting used
> to new wmii ;-)

If that is the case, the Dialog seems borken, because it does
not set the WM_TRANSIENT_FOR property (nothing new in the
firefox world though). I recommend to treat all firefox windows
with a special rule, mine looks as follows (recently I switched
to soundful tags as well):

/Firefox.*:.*/ -> www

For specific dialog windows, you could use

/Firefox.*:<Odd instance>/ -> ~
/Firefox.*:.*/ -> www

instead... note that the ~ and ! tags need to be in a separate
rule in any case. ~+www would deflorate the ~ tag to be a normal
tag.

Regards,