Re: [wmii] new (consistent) keybindings in the hg repo

From: John Nowak <john_AT_johnnowak.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:35:56 -0400

On Apr 11, 2006, at 8:41 AM, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 10:38:28PM +1000, Adrian Ratnapala wrote:
>> On 11/04/06, Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net> wrote:
>> <SNIP>
>>
>>> Also I don't like the use of letters as directions. I like the
>>> cursor keys much more, that's they're there for. So I'd suggest
>>
>> Hehe, we obviously don't have an old-school VI addict here.
>> I just started using gmail today, and was delighted to find
>> that the shiny new web app was designed for us (j, and k
>> move up and down threads, / brings up the search....)
>
> Actually h/j/k/l is home row, whereas cursor keys are in very
> nasty locations usually.

This is of course subjective. As someone who types, er, non-
traditionally, the arrow keys on my laptop are not so bad to use.
They are also much closer to my trackball, and easier to get my
fingers on as they are arranged in such a way for you to, you know...
put your fingers on them. I would definitely like to be able to use
the arrow keys in wmii.

- John