Re: [wmii] snap: 20060425

From: Chris Foster <foster_AT_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:00:39 +1000

> 1) I can't resize or move anything with the mouse unless I use the
> modkey. Unless this is how it's supposed to work now? The welcome
> screen says I should be able to.

I believe this is a feature not a bug ;) When you get used to it, it's
IMO a much better behaviour to have anyway. No more carefully
positioning the mouse on the tiny two-pixel border...

> 2) I'm very glad to have focus follows mouse, but it's annoying with
> the stacked layout since it makes hidden clients pop up when all I
> want to do is move the mouse to the bottom of the screen.

This has been bothering me as well. It wouldn't be so bad, except that
if you get the wrong thing focused you have to move the mouse all the
way across the screen to focus the correct thing. I believe the old
(2.5) behaviour which seemed to be OK was to focus the client but not
raise it without a click... is this possible? Apart from that, the
return of sloppy focus is _very_ welcome! Thanks Anselm.

Anyway, the real puprose of this mail is to report another possible bug:

When changing between views the location of the focus is lost. eg:
* Create a view with two columns
* Go to the rightmost column
* Go to another view and then back again
* The focus will have switched to the leftmost column - I find this kind
  of irritating since I tend to use multiple views for a single task.

~Chris.