[wmii] More newbie strangeness -- no window decorations?

From: Geoffrey Alan Washburn <geoffw_AT_cis.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 18:29:48 -0400

   For some strange reason, when I open Thunderbird or Firefox now they
seem to refuse to be contained within windows. As part of this, when I
open a new window over them they always become floats. If I open a new
window in another tag group it behaves as normal, but when retagged to
be with either Thunderbird or Firefox it behaves mostly as normal but
with some strangeness on the part of Thunderbird and Firefox. This only
just started happening after I put my laptop to sleep and brought it
home. I've restarted X a few times but that doesn't seem to change
anything. I don't have anything in /def/rules about either Thunderbird
or Firefox, and I moved my wmiirc out of the way. Attempting to switch
the application between floating, stacked, max, or default seems to have
any effect. This is using wmii-3 from Debian unstable again.

    Any ideas? Thanks!

--
[Geoff Washburn|geoffw@cis.upenn.edu|http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~geoffw/]