Re: [wmii] Floating window out of wmii control

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 19:53:32 -0400

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 07:44:22PM -0400, Tom Lieber wrote:
>Azureus' notification pop-ups appear in the bottom corner of my
>screen, but they don't get the wmii title bar, I can't drag them, and
>I can't click any of their buttons or send keyboard input. They exist
>above the bar but below other windows, float or otherwise. They don't
>appear to be floated or docked.
>
>It's a poorly-behaved application, but I think it's a bug if I can't
>interact with those windows at all, and they hide the bar. I'm running
>3.1. Should I try tip before reporting this?
This most likely means that Azureus mapped the windows itself, rather than
asking for the window manager to map them. This means that Azureus wants the
popups to be undecorated and that it wants to manage their keyboard focus and
positioning itself. There will most likely be no difference in tip, but you
might check the behavior with another window manager. As for waiting to report
this, you've already reported it so I don't understand the question.

--
Kris Maglione
                syslog(LOG_WARNING,"/etc/copyright may be too large");