[wmii] Select window by name?

From: Kai Grossjohann <kai.grossjohann_AT_verizonbusiness.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 09:57:10 +0200

I'm looking to do the following. I'd like to avoid reinventing the
wheel, hence my question whether anyone has done that before.

I would like to be presented with a list of window names, so that I can
choose one with completion in the manner of the "actions" and "prorgams"
"menus" that wmii provides in the default config.

wmii should then switch to the (or a) view showing the window in
question, then focus it.

Does anyone have something ready-made to do this?

Perhaps it would be useful to have another action that, if the window is
shown in more than one view, cycles to the next view and focuses the
window there.

Thanks,
Kai