Re: [wmii] Why does Eclipse float?

From: Bill Puschmann <puschy_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 12:33:04 -0400

Eclipse remembers its window size when it closes and then requests it when
it starts up again. By design, any window requesting its own specific size
is treated as "floating" (as most of the time these windows are splash
screens or apps that break the official window conventions). So, Eclipse
gets bumped into floating.

This, unfortunately, has no fix. It'll always float initially. There are
rules to make an app float by default, but not one to make it max.

This whole scenario was discussed on the lists a couple months ago. :)